Monday, February 19, 2007

An update from Jon - Update No. 30

""In light of recent news about the helicopters going down I must admit I was a bit nervous about going on this assessment. But as soldiers do, I sucked it up and got on with the mission.


As you can probably guess, since I am writing this update I made it back safe and sound. It was a generally uneventful journey this time around. I did however get to travel on a different bird this time. I flew in a UH-46 Sea Knight. It's basically the Marine version of a Chinook. That was the most eventful ride of the night. I can't tell you exactly where we were but at some point in the flight we dropped altitude, the bird angled to 45 degrees and the gunners began frantically scanning the ground."
Letters Home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home