Monday, January 15, 2007

Choosing Victory, or ignoring the war?

I find it hard to believe. I was watching C-SPAN and saw the tail end this hearing from last Thursday which was replaying tonight.

Senate Foreign Relations Cmte. on Alternative Troop Plans (01/11/2007) With Joe Biden.

It's a most interesting discussion about the current situation and the presidents "surge" strategy for Iraq. The thing I do not understand is why Joe was there all alone. I see Luger was there at the beginning but, unless I'm missing something, no other Senator showed up at this important hearing, with such great panel of witnesses, which included Frederick W. Kagan the author of the plan at AEI: Choosing Victory: A Plan for Success in Iraq which is the option that I am endorsing, and which by chance looks something like what Bush outlined this week as his new strategy for Iraq.
You would think that this was the hearing to be at this week, if your interested in the Iraqi war, and an American victory.

Whichever side you might be on, I suggest you see this video.

If you have trouble with the video go here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home