Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Save the First Amendment

Protect the First Amendment, Protect the constitution, Protect your rights.

Call, Write, or yell out to your senators and tell them to vote NO on the Flag amendment.

I find it so funny that the party that is for strict constructionist of the constitution seem to not like the constitution at all, they have so far wanted TWO amendments during the time in which they have held power. All that talk about interpreting the constitution how it's written, and all the grief about the idea of the living constitution and the first chance they get and they want to start making changes. What hypocrites

And on top of all that, they want to pass some stupid language that does not mean anything. What does it mean to desecrate? If I were to spit on a flag, would I be in violation, and subject to arrest? How about if I paint one on the ground and ask Iraqis to walk on it? Where will it end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that the flag burning amendment is silly political posturing, the rest is hyerbole just as silly. I prefer some legislation regarding the criminal charges for those who react to things such as flag burning and military funeral 'protest' in a physical way which does not inflict 'permanent' or life threatening injury on those protesting. Sometimes 'free speech' should apply to non-verbal expression, and the scenarios such as the examples I listed should be recognized as such in the legal code as protected speech---everybody..are you with me!!???

7:38 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

I am not sure, but I think you want to beat up the funeral protester, just not beat them up to bad. Is that right?

Well I can not support any act of violence against anyone exercising their rights. You could hold a counter protest to protest the protester, but that would just cause a bigger disruption to the funeral. I think they best thing is to just ignore those right wing nut jobs, and they will go away.

Anyway thank god that that silly amendment failed, and freedom still reigns supreme in the US.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home