Monday, June 26, 2006

Indict the New York Times

"I haven't written about it, but I'm assuming you are familiar with the decision of the New York Times to publish the details of the government's efforts to track the movements of Al Qaeda finances through the international banking system.

This decision clearly causes substantial and irreparable harm to the security of the United States and our allies, and violates federal law in the process.

Bill Keller's defense of the decision is here."
CounterColumn
You know where I disagree with this. Where is the end to the WOT. It will never end. We are already five years into this war and I think it's time the Administration go to congress and get a law. These Administrative subpoenas are fine for and emergency. Go for it, I would have done exactly the same in the days following 9/11. I would have taken every step I could think of the protect the country from another attack. But there come a time when the emergency is over and it's time to put a program in place that covers any hole, but also has all the necessary protections. A permanent program requires a law.

It's time the administration stops hiding behind 9/11 and bring out a plan to protect us all. Not a secret program with no supervision that answers to no one. What are they afraid of?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home