Sunday, June 25, 2006

More Threats Against Basrawi Christians

"A few weeks ago, my Assyrian friend in California told me a militia has sent a threat letter to one of her relatives in Basra. It's the usual letter of close your business and leave town or you and your family will be dead. Ahhh, how nice!!!!

The other day, I found a similar story on Ankawa Online. This time the threat is against Linda Edmon, the choir singer at the Chaldean Church in Basra [Arabic Source] -- It's the church I attended for 22 years while I lived in Basra. She and her husband received a death threat. They have no idea why the bastards want to kill them. But, they're taking the threat seriously. They have decided to leave the city they lived in all their life to start a different life in another unknown destination.

I asked Queen Amidala if she has more details. She sent me back this reply:"
Fayrouz in Beaumont

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home