Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Americana in Arabic Library

"There has been a wonderful public response to my plea for contributions to the Global Americana Institute and our hopes to get the works of Ben Franklin, Thomas jefferson, and others into Arabic.

The interest has been so great that I thought I would tip readers to two important web sites on public diplomacy.

One is the USC Center on Public Diplomacy.

The other is The Public Diplomacy Web Site of the United States Information Agency Alumni Association.

I am arguing that US government-backed public diplomacy is just not getting the job done, and that we have to move to a new model of civil society organizations and grass roots support for it."
Juan Cole
I tend to agree in principle with Dr. Cole, so I reposted this with links included. But the fact is I do not know these organizations or thier agendas at all much less well enough to add my support. But the truth is something has to be done and in that sense I agree. But buyer beware, find our more about these people first, then make your decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home