Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The New Fashion Brought to Iraq

"In 1999, I was a freshman in college. Living in a former secular country, most Iraqis had no difference in dealing with each other. In college, I had a wonderful group of friends, males and females. Our group consisted of two males and two females.

I have to say that those days we spent at college were the best in my life. As a young man, I couldn’t continue to enjoy this period of life as I am supposed to. The war and the occupation destroyed my dreams and killed the vivid spirit of the youth inside me and the ones in my age, males and females.

My female friends did not put on scarf, like most Iraqi female students before the war. They did not even believe in putting it on."
Treasure of Baghdad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home