Friday, February 17, 2006

BETWEEN IRAQ AND A HARD PLACE

"IRAQI CITIZEN SOUNDBOARD: PART I OF III
A CONVERSATION WITH A CITIZEN OF MOSUL


A self-described 58-year-old medical doctor, husband and father of three daughters, this Iraqi blogger who writes under the name "Truth Teller" has been posting his opinions and observations about his home country of Iraq since January 2005. He recently agreed to be interviewed by email for the first in a planned three-part series of ACS interviews with local Iraqis.
Disclaimer: The following views are strictly those of A Citizen of Mosul and are not officially endorsed by Buck Sargent, American Citizen Soldier, or the U.S. Military.


[Start of Interview]

Please describe your religious and ethnic background.

I am Muslim, Arabic, Iraqi and Moslawi (from Mosul).

Do you consider yourself a Sunni Muslim?

I am a Muslim. All my life I feel I am just Muslim, only through the last three years did I start to hear the differentiation between Sunni and Shia. This came with the occupation as an action to weaken the Iraqis by separating them into fighting ethnic and religious groups."
American Citizen Soldier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home