Sunday, January 01, 2006

Peace of the Soul......

"What a way to embrace the New Years, but with gunfire and a few car bombs....Thats the way it is here, here in Baghdad....I watch the CNN, and see people all around the world celebrating and having a good time, getting together with loved ones, and counting down the seconds for the arrival of a new fresh year....People in Iraq though, sat cautiously at home, among family, having little hope that this coming year will be a better one....But what really counts is that hope, that little hope that everyone still has.....

I on the other hand slept away.....its the first new years i spend it with HUBBY as my HUBBY.....got woken up by him at midnight, didnt even know it until I woke up and he told me....Havent written in a while....everytime I attempt to write something, I become so discouraged and shut the darn thing off....Things were pretty difficult for me in the past few months....HUBBY and I were having a pretty bad time....Things became so bad between us that we both were considering of giving up on the relationship...I say it now in a normal tone, but believe me it wasnt normal at that time..."
Nuerotic Iraqi Wife

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home