Sunday, January 01, 2006

My Trip to the U.S.A. TREASURE OF BAGHDAD'S DIARY

'It won’t be a long time for me to go back to Baghdad. I have a mixed feeling now. I am happy and sad. Many people warned me not to be upset for coming back because I’ve already known that I am going back. But I am a human being. I am supposed to have feelings and I just cannot hide these feelings. Today, it was very obvious that I was upset. J and J2 noticed that. They thought I am tensed because I have to see the White House and the U.S. capitol alone. That wasn’t the main reason. What made me upset is that I am going back. It’s hard to accept this but I am going back, no doubt. The question will be, am I going to be able to come back to the U.S. in the future? I live in Baghdad where I am exposed to danger in every single second in my life. I don’t know what my fate will be. I don’t know whether I am going to stay safe to come back to America and take my M.A. or not. I don’t know whether I would be able to tell my children and niece how great and beautiful America was. However, I miss my family and friends who are dying in every single minute and not many people feel of how they live. I wonder if there would be people living in Iraq from now on."
Treasure of Baghdad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home