Friday, December 30, 2005

Pond at Tallil Airbase (Ali Base)

"Though this blog is focused on Iraqi wildlife I will make a little detour on this entry.

A reader soon to deploy to Afghanistan asked a few questions that I'll try to answer here.

The first is: what resources are there on Afghan birds?...
J then goes on to talk a little about milbogging, he says
Another question involved digiscoping and blogging from a forward deployed area. ...

...I found that blogging anonymously is the way to go. It simplifies things considerably and makes the command much more comfortable with your blogging in general. My self imposed rules were very strict because of my role in battalion intelligence. I never revealed my name, my unit or my location in the country. We had many incidents that I never wrote about on my other blog because a relatively smart person could identify my location from the incident and perhaps use it for battle damage assessment. When it came to my wildlife watching, any and all my writing was seen as universally innocuous and not an operational security issue."
Birding Babylon
Good advise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home