Saturday, October 29, 2005

I'm so tired

You have no idea, what a mess and a hassle. I have been surviving this past week by generator, and candle light, cooking on a little gas stove. My whole life is turned upside down, and I'm not even sure what day it is. I don't know if the war in Iraq is even still on. So If you came here to find out the latest news, please turn to any of the fine links we have on our sidebar.

It's so strange being cut off, I have not been to Drudge, read anything, even the local paper in the last week. My whole day is dedicated to trying to bring some semblance of modern life back to our daily lives.
I was sort of prepared for a hurricane, I had many of the basic supplies, and even a small generator that I got way back the day before hurricane Andrew hit years ago. I loved my old generator, we had been through several storms together and there was no reason why it would not get me through this one. But all good thing have to come to an end, and so did my old generator. May she rest in peace...

Good news is I ran down to the Home Depot, and made a line. there were no generator left, but they were expecting a truck that day. So I hung out for like an hour by the generator display, and what do you know, a palate of new machines rolled out, and I grabed one. I did not even read the brand name or anything, just put my hands on one box and declared it mine. saved the food in the freezer, and I wired it up to the hot water tank.
So I took a hot shower....don't even ask.

I want to thank everyone that left a message, I just got a chance to read them. The phone is still not working and I can only use the dial up for a few seconds before it drops me. If there is any interesting news out there that I should be aware of please leave a link so I can read it.
Be back as soon as I am able.

1 Comments:

Blogger madtom said...

Hi everyone,

I have no idea how long it will be before I get back on my feet. It's not just the hassle now, but even once the utilities return, which I hope is soon, I still have to try and put my business back together.... I'm not even sure I'm going to make it at this point. So I need some help keeping this blog going. If any of you have ever read the mission statement you should know about the J.Q.Public account. It lets anyone post to this blog. So this is a call for help. If you have any news, your favorite blogger has a new post, pictures of hurricane damage in Cuba, or if you would like to post a link to your last blog, Anything about the war. Please help me and post something here.

The instructions are easy log in at here at blogger start with the username: tfwpublic
and the password 123456 And post away.
Thanks in advance.

PS. with the connection being so iffy I don't want to try and republish the blog now so I cant change any of the comment settings now, it will have to wait.

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home