Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Eye

Well it turns out that Katrina paid me a visit. The eye has just finished passing by and the back side is now starting to churn on by, with the wind blowing from the opposite direction. I must admit that even though I have lived here all my life, this is the first direct hit I ever experience. Thank god Katrina was just a baby. An angry baby.

Update: 9:40 pm
Just as I finished posting, I got up to get a glass of water, and I walked out into the living room. Well it turns out that the water was coming in under the front door that faces south. So I had to clean up a full bucket of water. But that's about the worst of it. The electric has not even gone out, just flickered a bit.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're safe!

12:27 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

Thank you. And welcome to the blog.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Good to know you're in safe.

We may get some thunderstorms and rain tonight.

8:43 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Yea be careful they have not been doing to good a job at predicting the path of this storm, if it comes anywhere near you, be ready.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Residents of New Orleans, which is four hours from Beaumont, have been asked to leave the city. THe hurricane is heading their way.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home