Saturday, July 16, 2005

NASA Delays Discovery Launch Indefinitely

"CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) - NASA has indefinitely put off its long-awaited return to space, saying Friday that engineers were no closer to knowing why a fuel gauge acted up right before a scheduled liftoff two days earlier.

"We are going forward on a day-by-day basis," said deputy shuttle program manager Wayne Hale. "We have got the entire resources of the agency behind us to troubleshoot this problem."

He said that once the problem was identified and fixed, it would be another four days before the shuttle Discovery could launch.

"Everybody is going to want to ask, 'What is that date going to be?' Well, I don't know," Hale said."
My Way
I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. Let me get my fortune tellers hat on.. Hmmmm.. hmmm, yes I see a date, it's coming closer, yes I have it. After inauguration day 2009. And not a minuet before.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fayrouz said...

I don't think they'll fly before September. The shuttles are too old and they need to retire them.

2009 is a good and hopeful guess.

3:00 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Ha ha, that's not what I meant to say, what else will be new in Jan 2009, something that gotten much older and will be retired. It's the one thing that's kept the shuttle grounded

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home