Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Mouse, the KIA, and Conspiracy Theories

"by Hussein Al-Kaabi


In Iraqi popular slang, the faara is commonly known as the female noun of the faar, which means “mouse” in English. In proper classical Arabic, it is pronounced with a spoken apostrophe.

The fa'ra is a rodent many Iraqi families used to suffer from in the past. These days, however, the interim government seems to have succeeded in eradicating the threat of rodents simply by emptying the cellars of Iraqi homes of the flour, sugar, fat, and legumes that made up our monthly rations in the days of the sanctions."
Friends of Democracy
I had no idea about this blog, I found it in my bookmarks, how it got in there I have no idea.... talk about conspiracies.. it's the government they are placing blogs links on my computer, there's no other explanation, it must be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home