Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Iraq is no Vietnam....

"It annoys me to read well-respected commentators take the easy way out when discussing the terror structure and its motivations in Iraq. I have read on so many occasions how Iraq is somehow the new Vietnam and that the terrorists are somehow comparable in voracity and determination to the Vietcong. The fact of the matter is that Iraq is in no way another Vietnam. The dynamic and motivations of the ‘resistance’ in Iraq is driven solely by greed and the lure of money, where as the Vietcong were driven by the powerful ideology of communism in which the Vietnamese populous, in general, were willing to adopt and die for."
Iraq Rising

2 Comments:

Blogger GPV said...

Do you believe that Islam and the djihad are less motivating than communism?

3:06 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Hi GPV welcome to my blog. That's a good question you pose. But first sense your new let me explain, I link to lots of articles and blogs from the war, for the most part I link with little of no comment, so that my readers know that their favorite blogger has posted a new, or I my opinion, and important post.
I also keep this blog as a forum to give the public at large of the people in Iraq a quick place to tell a story that relates to this war, you can read all about it in the Mission Statement posted on my side bar.
Back to your question, you should follow the link to the blogger that wrote it and ask it their, so that you will get an answer from the author, who is more likely to be a Muslim and can give you a more informed answer. The thing is he may not even know this blog exists, and so has no way to see your rather good question.
Thanks again for visiting my blog.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home