Monday, February 28, 2005

The Cider Revolution Is Winning

"I grew up in the Middle East. During the Lebanese civil war, I was obsessed with following its news. I read everything I could find about Lebanon to understand why that beautiful country turned into a war zone. I discussed it daily with my Lebanese friends at the university. I read "Beirut Nightmares" by Ghada Samman, where she took the readers into a journey inside a city torn down by bombs. I still couldn't understand enough."
Live from Dallas
Please go read this touching first hand account from Fayrouz, of what the Syrian presents in Lebanon was really like. Thank you Fayrouz for this excellent blog

4 Comments:

Blogger Fayrouz said...

Tom,

The few hours I spent at Beirut Airport taught me a lot about the suffering of the Lebenese people. It was an eye opener for me.

Since that day, I wished and wished for the withdrawal of the Syrian troops from Lebanon. I hope my wish comes true very soon.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Tom,

I corrected Cider to Cidar. You may need to change the post's link because of that.

Thank you.

5:34 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Thanks, what happened?

7:35 PM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Blogger changes the post name when making any changes to the post name.

This happens when using the option of having unique name for each post, which is the case on my blog.

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home