Thursday, January 13, 2005

Iraqis dream

"The ArabicBBC site put up a forum for the readers to discuss the subject of some of the "militant groups" that distributed leaflets threatening the Iraqis who decide to participate in the elections, whether voters or candidates.
The total number of commentators was 141; the Iraqis were 104 and 37 were Arabs from other countries till the post was prepared.
89 of the participating Iraqis were strongly with the elections and determined to go to the boxes on the elections day in spite of the threats.
15 were against the elections, for different reasons.

13 of the Arab participants were also against the elections while the rest of them (24) were supportive of the Iraqis in holding the elections on time.

I will not try to offer my optimistic comments and views about the situation in Iraq, instead I will shut up and let my fellow Iraqis speak for themselves and let you then decide what you think about it."
ITM
This translation of the BBC forum has always been my favorite feature at ITM. I'm glade to see it again.
There is also an interesting radio interview with open Phone coming up go here to read the details. I will post the interview once it's on the net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home