Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Westerners join Kurds fighting Islamic State group in Iraq


SINJAR, Iraq (AP) — As Kurdish fighters gathered around a fire in this damp, frigid mountain town in northwestern Iraq, exhausted from battling the Islamic State group, a surprising recruit wearing a tactical vest with the words "Christ is Lord" scribbled on it joined them. The fighter, with a sniper rifle slung over his shoulder and a Rambo-styled bandanna around his head, is 28-year-old Jordan Matson from Sturtevant, Wisconsin, a former U.S. Army soldier who joined the Kurds to fight the extremist group now holding a third of Iraq and neighboring Syria. "I'm not going back until the fight is finished and ISIS is crippled," Matson told The Associated Press, using an alternate acronym for the militant group. "I decided that if my government wasn't going to do anything to help this country, especially Kurdish people who stood by us for 10 years and helped us out while we were in this country, then I was going to do something."

MyWay

2 Comments:

Blogger Taria Brii said...

Hello! I was really excited when I found your blog. Thank you for interesting and informative post! I want to share with you some article too. I think you will not be indifferent to this story. Can you explain the fact that some people decide to finish their lives? Why they do this, especially young people? For example, in Moscow 19 y.o. girl fell from the 17th floor and no one know the reason about it. You can see the photo of the girl and read about the consequences here https://quivo.co/31309-esta-joven-cayo-17-pisos-y-quedo-viva-tras-caer-sobre-un-auto.html. So what do you think about that?

3:52 AM  
Blogger Milasha said...

For me, it’s necessary that I can understand how to do everything myself. And Sofia Date is site like that. Design is self-explanatory, interface free of clutter, buttons big and bright, Support Team always responds timely. Awesome service and awesome girls to fall in love with! Thank you for becoming part of my life! dating a widower

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home