Monday, February 23, 2009

Thanks for the Donations

"Hi everybody. Just wanted to let you know that the winter clothing, the candy and the school supplies that you donated was finally distributed to kids in Sheberghan, a district here in Northern Afghanistan. I didn't give it out personally, but I know the guy who did.

About a month ago I was sitting in the TV room at the Blackwater compound in Sheberghan with my buddy Isaf, their mascot dog. In walked a white guy who was about six and a half feet tall. He had a long beard and was wearing man jammies, but he was obviously American. I knew right away because Isaf barks ferociously at Afghans and he didn't make a sound when this guy walked in. (I think that's very funny because Isaf is Afghan himself!). ANYWAY.....He wasn't a Blackwater employee, and at their small, secure compound, it's very unusual to see someone you don't recognize."
CoYIAO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home