Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Illum, Ilum Where for art Thou?

"The sweat under my IBA and in my ACUs is starting to freeze, I can feel it against my skin. I'm wishing right now that I'd put on some long underwear before we'd come out here, it's too late for that now. Currently, we're holding about 200 meters short of the target khalat, it's aprox 2330. The moon has finally risen giving us better illumination than when we started this about 4 hours ago.

In this shallow wadi are a platoon of US infantry, a company of ANA infantry. We're watching the khalat from a defilade position waiting for the ANP, Afghan National Police., who are making their way across about 400 meters of plowed fields. As soon as they get here we're going to jump off on the last stage of this operation."
Afghanistan Shrugged

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home