Saturday, December 20, 2008

Get Thomas Jefferson on SATCOM!

"I must have slept through this block of instruction in Infantry Officer Advanced Course. Setting up a voter registration site? I don’t really recall any such training in all of the courses that I’ve attended. I studied polysci in college but that was only because it was easy and didn’t interfere with my beer drinking and getting tan. Man, if I’d only know that I was going to need it 20 years later I’d have paid better attention.

I’m standing on a dirt soccer field in front of a school in the northern part of the Goumal district. The school is the only symbol of the centralized government in Kabul, in fact neither the coalition forces or the ANA have even been here in the last two years. The school is simply built, small a couple of rooms; unusable in the winter month because there’s no central heat, heck there’s no decentralized heat. It’s the symbol that Kabul is doing something for the people."
Afghanistan Shrugged

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home