Friday, June 20, 2008

Clarifying confusions

"I have been asked by many westerner friends and readers so many times about the reality of the situation in Iraq and especially in Baghdad. Many are confused about the truth, many are manipulated by the media and most of them have the same question "is the situation good in Baghdad as we hear?" in fact not only the westerners ask about these things; I was talking with my father today and he asked me about the situation because he though it's very good (from what he hears in the news) and he was asking me "Should I come back? I can't take it anymore, I want to get back…It's very good now, right?"
So I though to clarify things in a detailed manner because I believe NO one can know or understand the situation in Baghdad unless he lives in it regardless if he was an Iraqi, Arabic or a westerner…I remember when I was in Amman for some time and despite that I was watching the news most of the time but I was so shocked when I got back in 2007, I couldn't stop crying when I was passing by a neighborhood after another and see what I didn't expect …I'm not saying that all the media organizations are lying or they are hiding the truth but I can strongly say that they don't have all the means to cover everything, they are under a very strong pressure from various sides and above all most of the people of the world are sick of hearing about Iraq and the disasters and death in it so I can't blame the media for this because after all it's business and they need viewers to keep their business going on so they have to give what the viewer wants.
Things got better! That's right; it got better but is it good yet or close to being good? No it's not..."
Last of Iraqis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home