Sunday, October 21, 2007

Why Blog?

"Well, my journal has received a lot of attention lately and quite literally travelled the world. I have been advised on many levels to “let it go”; to just delete it and move on. I have been told it is not worth the headache and is frowned upon by the military.

So, feeling strongly about my pursuit to tell my story, I have researched Military Blogs (MilBlogs) and found that they are not discouraged. It is allowed and encouraged for soldiers, even frontline soldiers, to express themselves in MilBlogs, web forums and other avenues. We must go through certain procedures and monitoring by our commands as set forth by Multi-National Forces Iraq (MNF-I) to ensure we do not unintentionally post sensitive information that could be used to aid our enemy."
This War and Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home