Tuesday, October 30, 2007

From Iraq with love..

Ok this is just my own conspiratorial ramblings.

But has anyone noticed the outbreak of Staph infections spreading throughout the schools?

I guess this is one of those "is it just me?" things, but I think that the resistant strain that is spreading like wildfire is coming from Iraq. I think that troops coming home, or visiting home are carrying this strain back from the hospitals, and or bases in Iraq. Furthermore I think that the CDC knows all about it. I mean usually Dr. Gerberding the director would be all over an outbreak like this one. Yet she is strangely absent from the spotlight. The only reason that I can think of is that the administration does not what to fuel any fear of returning soldiers, something that could become a weapon in the hands of the anti war people.

I of course do not want to hand ammunition to anyone. But come on, if there is a problem I think there could be easy solutions like isolating everyone that comes back for a few days to make sure they are clear before letting them in with the general population. Something that would be much better than just hiding the truth and letting a serious problem fester.

I can just see a few more kids dieing before a scandal breaks out being like handing nukes to the anti war people.

2 Comments:

Blogger B Will Derd said...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mrsa/DS00735

Wrong, my conspiratorial friend. This has been around for years and was first identified in Britain in the early '60's. Like most stories, nothing new except the media decided it made for some dramatic copy--- we are all doomed! With Iraq looking somewhat hopeful and growing consensus that Global Warming is a farce, they gotta find something to scare us all to death and keep us looking to them for the latest.

8:47 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

Will, sorry this has to be a quick response. I'm busy and late.

I know it's not new, but it is rare at least around here and the local outbreak seems to me to have coincided a few weeks after we had soldiers return. and the outbreak seems to have started up north of me, where the bases are....just saying

The truth is I have not had the time to dig very deep, but someone should.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home