Monday, September 17, 2007

Now what? Nothing, Just Cholera!

"I am completely swamped at school and work, but I couldn’t resist writing this entry. It’s just hard for me to imagine how miserable life continues to be in Baghdad. Every time I say it won’t get worse than it is now since it’s already miserable, something worse shows up.

As if what people are facing these days is not enough, a new phobia descended in the streets. It’s the cholera! I was completely shocked. What?! We are not in the Middle Ages! But then I thought about the “achievements” Maliki and his buddy Petraues boasted about every now and then and found nothing. Nothing. Simple life requirements. Nothing. No electricity, no security, no jobs, nothing. And now what? Even water is contaminated. "
Treasure of Baghdad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home