Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Want to Help Iraqis?

"Hello everyone.
I apologize for my extended absence, life kept me busy for the last few months.

People always ask me how can they help Iraqis?

In many ways, if your government is involved in this war, you can do a lot of work to put pressure on it to withdraw their troops or cut their support, and you can do so either by demanding your representitives in the government, individualy and by organizing moves and gathering as much people as possible to do that. A great and essential thing to be done is to work on public awareness, by learning about the situation in Iraq and teaching your local community, organizing speaking events, hosting patriot Iraqis or people sincerely involved in the Iraqi issue, people that have been to Iraq or at least the ME and can give you a sense of the situation. You can organize many of these speaking events in your local community, university, church etc."
Tell me a Secret
Hi Khalid,

Funny. I just have to ask. Who did you contact in your government during the Iraq/Iran war, or the invasion of Kuwait? Where did you march, what anti-war movements did you join? People want to know.

Or is it only the people in the west that should protest their governments. Should I quote your brother on what he thought of people that protested their governments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home