Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Was there earth shaking involved?

"Well, we have been on the road for a few days now. Almost a week ago another gun truck from a differant company in my battalion was hit by an EFP. Everybody is o.k., there is this one particular tier one hot spot that keeps giving us problems. We have been getting alot of SAF there as well as the same ol' I.E.D. crap. Today we had to make a security halt because we thought we rolled up on an I.E.D., we were about twenty meters away from it when I saw it. It scared the s--t out of me! Luckly it was just garbage stuck in a bush, everything you drive by looks like it could blow up at anytime. "
WCN

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this blog at least 3 times a week - just found it recently - and appreciate the divergent viewpoints - not that you all give a shit: rightly so.

In any event, as I remember from a lifetime ago, very often when you're in the middle of it humor is as necessary as beaucoup rounds.

With that in mind, have fun with the latest video from one of the many Wanna-be Commanders in Chief'.

And for fuck's sake don't argue over it - the dipwad has about much chance of being the next POTUS as you guys do of making first sergeant...

peace

5:29 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Sam

Thanks for the link. I don't know, but I think that at this point the Senator has as much chance as any of the candidates.

Oh, And I have no chance for a promotion, I'm a civilian living in south Florida

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

madtom -

"...I'm a civilian living in south Florida"

well...receiving a public service medal, then.

; ' )

7:16 AM  
Blogger madtom said...

Thank you very much, Sam

You know what they say, we each do what we can, give what we have to give, each in his own way.

Our only hope is that reading public finds our efforts, and the information linked here useful.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home