Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"That Was Some Scary Shit"

"Yesterday, I experienced something I didn't think I ever would, but knew was a possibility.

I told you recently about some force protection upgrades we were working on for our Iraqi Army (IA) brothers in an outpost in this area. Yesterday, we stopped by that outpost in a small town to perform several tasks. My boss met with the city leaders, I checked in with the IA and others on our team were going to meet with various other folks in this town. The barriers were in place and the IA guards were well positioned and understood their jobs. The IA commander of this outpost felt he understood the dangers in this town and this area but I'm certain that he only had a partial understanding of what was going on. His outpost had been attacked on the very first night his unit arrived. It was a very ineffectual attack with no casualties on either side, but it seemed that the attack was more a message than an attempt to engage in a serious battle. The message being, "we know you're here and we don't like it." Hence the new barriers and such."
Jack Army

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home