Monday, May 28, 2007

Scum and Villainy

" Mike wrote and said he has submitted his package to become a JAG (lawyer) in the Air Force. This means he would be active duty (he is currently Guard). He should know by next month if he is accepted. Haven't gotten any posts from anyone, so it looks like AWAC will be a solo effort again.
I have encountered something I enjoy less than driving through Kabul. Car shopping. The scourge of mankind. As much as I learned to enjoy bargaining in the bazaars, this pleasure does not translate well to the dark underworld of used car sales. The first salesman I met was 21 years old. It is pretty standard that they ask what I do for a living, and eventually they find out I was in Afghanistan. This young man asked me if I liked it. I scowled and said, “What do you think?” He looked a bit embarrassed and said, “Not much, I guess."
AWAC
Yes, most people out there don't have "a clue" that there is war in Afghanistan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home