Friday, April 27, 2007

Leaving Yet Never Leaving or How a "B" Movie Shaped My Thoughts.

""I wish I was at Bragg now."

The words of John Rambo in First Blood while on the radio with COL Trautman as he was stalked by millions of evil police officers and National Guardsman (who are in Iraq now.)

I am leaving Ft Lewis on Friday 27 April 2007. I arrived on 7 April 2003. When I got here I was a new medic with experience as an infantryman and an NCO. I joined in 1986 and between Air Force and Army I missed every war, conflict, and police action we found ourselves in. Here I became a part of Army history. Strykers were more than a new truck with sexy computers and eight wheels, it was a unit concept. Soldiers down to the individual level were given responsibility to make decisions and execute. We went out to save whole cities and rescue brigades with only a company of men. One-hundred and fifty to save five thousand."
A Candle in the Dark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home