Monday, April 16, 2007

Giant Purple Lizards

"The Zombie Project that Won’t Die is back. It’s not as violent as before, but I’m out of silver bullets, and it seems to enjoy the garlic. Most annoying. However, I know it can’t go on much longer. Either it will die or I will leave. Right now it just spasms occasionally.
Yesterday all the new folks spent the day sleeping, for the most part, and we didn’t really see much of them. Major Apple bought pizza for the CMA team, and the new Captain and SMSgt joined us. We talked shop quite a bit, probably more than we should have, as jet-lag was evident. Today the whole group started in-processing, and they were all at the chow hall. We met the Major who got the photo taken with us, as well as the Lt Col who said he liked my blog. Hamid was eating this all up. He loves meeting new people, and these people had been reading about him! I was impressed by how gracious all the Americans have been to Hamid. Some have even tried out speaking in Dari (they actually got Dari training at Fort Riley).

Doug and Mike had an extremely long day, so I’ll be surprised if either post tonight, but if they do, that will demonstrate their devotion to our readers. I’m still trying to recover from staying up all night a couple of days ago. At least my headache has subsided."
A*W*A*C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home