Friday, March 09, 2007

When Do You Get the Feeling You're Doing Something Wrong or My Peeps, Yo.

"I love to find useless pieces of Army history. I was just browsing around on the heraldic pages on the Army sites and found a page that gives you the order of medals and ribbons for the last 100 or so years. I found this and Iraq jumped right into my head.

One Hundred years ago American troops occupied Cuba after the Spanish-American War. My Grandfather was 8 years old and a citizen of Spain since he was born in 1895, my Grandmother having been born in 1900 was born an American citizen since Cuba was under American governance at the time."
Candle in the Dark
My Grandmother was born in Cuba in the year 1900, yet I do not think she had US Citizenship. She became a US Citizen in her 60's while living out the remainder of here life here in Miami.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home