Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Iraqi Destiny...

"I have only been here four days and yet I felt the difference immediately. That dead look in their eyes. And when I say dead, I mean dead. Its even more noticeable now. That hunger for work is gone. That hunger for success has disappeared. They are tired. They are exhausted. They have given up. I know youre gonna say but thats how it was before. No, its different this time. I dunno how to describe it. Their frail bodies says it all. Their empty hollow eyes tells of a story of hope that has long dissippitated into thin air.

Even their desire of saving money to travel afar for a better life has gone. Just Gone. Its no more. No body wants us they tell me with their sad quiet voices. No body wants us. Where do we go? Where CAN we go, they ask. No where. We are stuck here, this is our destiny. Our destiny is to die alive here or is to live to die. Thats what they say."
NIW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home