Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Hardest Post I've Ever Had to Write...

"This is, without a doubt, the most difficult thing I have had to write, in terms of this Blog.

I'm not going to mince words with you: TankerBrothers is about to go away.

Make no mistake, it has nothing to do with not wanting to Blog anymore: on the contrary, this has been a labor of love for me. I started this blog with one goal, and only one goal: to let the American Public know what was REALLY going on in Iraq. I wanted to tell people about the War being won in the streets of Baghdad, and in the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people.

Unfortunately.... sometimes things don't always work out the way we want them to.

As my readers know, my little brother has already deployed to Iraq, and I'm literally on "the countdown" to when I get on a plane to join him. There was nothing more that I wanted to do than to continue this site, and even "kick it up a notch", since I would once again be on the ground.

With the new OPSEC paranoia, though, I don't think I would have the opportunity. The DoD is cracking down on MilBlogs, and I wouldn't be able to continue Blogging and still be compliant with AR 25-1, the Army's Regulation governing Personal Websites. With the "running out" of local commercial Internet Service Providers in Iraq, the only bandwidth available to me would be government-owned. AR 25-1 states that I cannot use government time or resources to maintain a personal Web Site."
Tanker Brothers
This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

God speed

You can post anything you want to my site, any one in the military can, and you won't have to worry about maintenance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home