Wednesday, September 27, 2006

FIVE YEARS & CHANGE

"The Means Justifies the End
The media roundtable question of the day on the five-year anniversary of 9-11 was "Have we changed?" I’m not uniquely qualified to answer that one for the country at large, but I can say without hesitation that I most certainly have.

I am an entirely different person than I was a half decade ago. Stronger in nearly every way: mentally, physically, emotionally, rhetorically… I can now endure things that would have made my previous self curl up in the fetal position and cry out for divine assistance. I have now seen more of the world than I ever imagined I would or ever cared to. Dark, outlying corners that most would just as soon consign to the flea market of history."
American Citizen Soldier
Lately, I have noticed that all learned people eventually come to my original position.

1 Comments:

Blogger madtom said...

I don’t take issue with our representatives playing politics with war. They’re called politicians for a reason: playing politics is what they do. And as I‘ve said, their involvement is wartime decisions is a necessary facet of republican government. To believe otherwise is to advocate a return to monarchy or a series of rotating military juntas. But what does get under my skin is when they advocate or support ill-conceived notions of what is in the war effort’s best interests based on purely their own political self-interest.

When that becomes the case, then all bets are off.


I knew that comment would get at you. The only different is that I do not blame SECDEF for the administration policy, as he himself has said many times over "I serve at the presidents..."

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home