Monday, August 21, 2006

back from the mideast

"I just came back from a short trip to Jordan and Syria. The trip to Syria was so fast, but I managed to visit some Lebanese refugee camps. I am so impressed by the Syrian people's generosity in receiving Lebanese refugees. The Syrian government didn't even have to send food or supplies to the refugees because of the overwhelming grassroots support. When I was in the school/refugee camp, many neighbors were walking in with food and clothes. Neighbors donated mattresses, TVs, satellites, money, and other aid.

The other thing you can't miss in Jordan and Syria is people's anger against the US. On more than occasion, I got shouted at because I live in the US. The most interesting incident was during a visit to a Lebanese refugee camp. I was called by two young Lebanese people, and they asked me whether me and the rest of the delegation visiting their shelter where coming from the US. I said yes. They said: "you better get the hell out of here unless you want us to make a scene". I tried to explain that we are the "good" Americans who are against the war, so they said go back home and change your government. "you can't come here visit us in a shelter that we were sent to because of your tax money and your bombs, and expect us to be nice to you". So me and the other Americans got the hell out of there."
Raed in the Middle
I can't believe Raed is already identifying himself as and American, and a good American at that. He just got here! That must be the fastest assimilation in history. I think Raed deserves a prize or something, or at least a mention in that book of worlds records.

At least I can tell Khalid, "I told you so"

And about making the US a better place. Yeah it would be nice to ignore the fact that Arab terrorist have just been about blowing planes out of the sky, or that on some British flights, passengers have refused to fly at all with an "asian" on board. Needles to say people were scared of the Arabic script on your shirt. Of course you picked that shirt on purpose to cause a scene.

Anyway we are working hard to make America a safer place for our Arab friends and citizens alike, by fighting the terrorist and all those that support their actions.
A victory in the WoT will bring you, Raed, and the rest of your community more freedom and security than any PC campaign can ever achieve.

We can only hope that you will start working with us, and not against us, towards a victory against terrorist.

Help us and help yourself to achieve goals that are in all our best interest. Support freedom and liberty for all peoples not just those privileged enough to immigrate here.

Cross posted to Khalids in hope that you will read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home