Monday, May 29, 2006

The Best and Worst Signs I’ve Seen in Iraq

"The twelve best and worst signs I’ve seen on bases in Iraq. All misspellings and grammar errors are reproduced exactly as seen.

12. “Do not place your weapon on the deck in this facility. Sling that weapon and keep it on your person at all times.”

Posted on the entrance to the “Little Vegas Café” chow hall. What is “that” weapon? Is it this weapon here? That weapon over there? Could you possibly mean “My (‘your,’ used in context) weapon?” I expect “that” was used for emphasis, and on one hand I commend the poster for choosing an alternate method than a string of exclamation points. On the other hand, it’s a stupid way to add emphasis.

11. “Iridium phone is for India Company personnel only. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of a size 11.5 W.”

Posted at Camp Smitty. Kudos for creativity."
Midnight in Iraq

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home