Monday, April 10, 2006

Sorrow of the Past in Today's Exhibition

"Her tears were falling like rain on her cheeks, her voice was shaking the moment she recalled her days in Baghdad, and her Iraqi look was as sad as the look of every eyes of any Iraqi inside and outside the country. Her sadness was so apparent that brought tears to my eyes. She was so sincere in every single word she said.

“When I close my eyes, I can see Baghdad’s streets,” Nahida al-Rammah, one of Iraq’s famous actresses, wept in a documentary interview for one of the post-war organizations, The Iraq Memory Foundation. Narrating how she was chased and tortured by the former regime’s dictatorship, she made me nailed to the feet in front of her heart-breaking image exposed on a wide hp computer monitor. With the sound of the lute playing through the computer speakers, I felt her tears were dancing sadly with the rhythm."
Treasure of Baghdad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home