Friday, April 21, 2006

New York Times Update

"Well, my 10th piece is up on the New York Times, as part of my stint as an op-ed columnist. I want to thank the NYT for allowing me to speak openly and freely. Of course, I still had to adhere to Army OPSEC regulations, but the point is that the editor was very amiable and easy to work with. The only changes he made or suggested were for clarity or length.

He never once questioned what I was trying to say, gave me material he’d like me to write about, or published something I did not approve of. It was a good experience, and I think it shows that the NYT is willing to let soldiers speak their piece, without any spin whatsoever. I wish more major media outlets would do this sort of thing.

If you haven’t read the pieces on the NYT, you can click here. You’ll have to either join Times Select, or sign up for a 14 day free trial, and then you will be able to read the archived posts from the beginning of March until the present."
Wordsmith at War
Yea well they stole my idea. This blog has been open to soldiers to say anything they want from day one. Anyway at least they were able to attract more takers and spread to a larger audience than I was ever going to be able to do. The important thing is that the word is getting out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home