Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Remembering my Grandfather

"I’ve been remembering my grandfather a lot lately. I really wish he was still alive so that I can tell him some of my new stories and random thoughts. He used to be a good listener, and a great story teller as well.

When he passed away some years ago, he left a big gap in my life. I used to spend very long hours with him listening to his stories about Palestine and his life there in the forties and early fifties, and about his life in the United States when he first came here in the late fifties.

I remembered him twice last week, once while sending an overnight mail. He told me a long story about the details of how the US continental overnight mail system works, and how the old airplanes used to have an “Air Pick-Up” system to deliver mail and express packages at each community without landing. The other time I thought of him was when I remembered (or had a dream about) my grandfather’s best friend, Muhammad. Muhammad is an African American man who used to have another name before meeting my grandfather in new-Mexico."
Raed in the Middle
What ever happen to the Raed we all know and love. What are all these carefully worded post he's been posting of late, and why are his comments still closed? Raed buddy what's wrong, why are you holding back? Your not doing your cause any good tiptoeing over all these daisies. Just come out and say what you want to say, say it clearly. Or at least get some better pictures of the humming birds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home