Monday, September 26, 2005

Just Another Soldier - Update: CNN, NPR, Special Features website

Greetings!

On Tuesday, October 4th, Just Another Soldier: A Year on the Ground in Iraq will be in bookstores. I am so excited/nervous, I think I might become incontinent.

For those who may be interested, so far I have two appearances confirmed:

CNN American Morning (Oct. 4, 7-10 a.m.)
NPR Fresh Air (Oct. 4)

I don't yet know what time I'll be on American Morning exactly, but I'll send another email out before the show as soon as I do. For a schedule of when you can listen to Fresh Air in your area, visit the NPR Fresh Air schedule website.

Also, I would like to unveil for you the new website:

Just Another Soldier: Photos, Videos, and Deleted Scenes

This website is like a "special features" section of a DVD. It contains all the photos that go along with the stories, a few videos, as well all the material that was cut from the book. This website is still under construction, so I would appreciate any input you can give me to make it better before I make it public in a few days. For those of you who have followed the blog, a lot of this will be old material, but most everything after September 2004 is new.

Reuters interviewed me recently and ran an article that I think did a fairly good job of capturing the spirit of this book: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050922/wl_nm/iraq_books_dc

There are a lot of other appearances, readings, and all that sort of thing in the works, so I'll send the information as it happens. Also, feel free to email me for any reason. It's you, the people in this mailing list, who have supported and encouraged this soldier, who are the heart of this project. Thank you.

-Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home