Friday, June 17, 2005

6. Intentional Devastation of Iraq

"Possible Undeclared Motives for the Invasion of Iraq

More Iraqis than people in the West may imagine subscribe to this belief. They range from illiterate peasants to university professors. This is by far the most ‘popular’ theory in Iraq (outside Kurdistan) and has been so for more than a year. It borders on conspiracy theory but please bear with me a little to see things the way most Iraqis have been seeing them for the past two years!

To many people ‘intentional devastation’ offers the only plausible explanation to what has been happening in Iraq over the past two years. A sample of the criticisms felt by many Iraqis:"
Iraqi Letters
I think this is the best work I have seen from this blogger so far, the fact is I have just refound this blog after a very long absence on my part. But there is something about this author that I like
This post is a must read, as he exposes to us many of the closely held beliefs of "regular" Iraqis. I think this is important as it helps bring light to the dark recesses of the elusive Iraqi mindset. A rare gift.
I hope that he is right and this is in fact a map of peoples thinking patterns, because I can work with this. The fact is that in many respects they are not so far off from the truth. Iraqis are smart, as I have learned, and even from behind a wall of separation and propaganda, they can see past their own noses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home