Saturday, April 30, 2005

Democracy possibly proceeding in Iraq?

"I have decided to take down-- for now!-- the "Democracy Denied in Iraq" counter that has been a feature of the JWN sidebar for more than seven weeks now."
Just World News
Wow this is change, this new government may not be able to fix everything, but just look at what a it has already accomplished! It has managed to change the side bar of this blog!! I mean what more could you ask?

Look I am as anti Bush as they come, But I refuse to hold the Iraqi people hostage, in exchange for a Bush failure. If freeing the Iraqi people means that I have to accept a Bush victory, then I will swallow that pill, and with a smile. The Iraqi people and their future should not be a political trade. We should all cooperate in any way we can to help the Iraqis build a descent state that represents their wishes and hopes for their future, and oppose Bush on anything else. I for one will not do it come hell of high water. I will never put my own political leanings in the way of the Iraqi people.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fayrouz said...

Thank you so much Tom. I really appreciate it.

2:41 PM  
Blogger madtom said...

Well everyone is of course welcome , my pleasure. I still don't see why I should receive such praise, you can go to any Cuban out there, like:
Val at Babalu Blog
Combat Doc at Candle in the dark
Yoan at Yoan Hermida

And this is just a list of the Cubans I know about that blog, there are probably more, but would any of those guys have a different opinion no matter who was president. I doubt it. I guess I was just responding to the same thing Fayrouz saw when she wrote her last post.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Fayrouz said...

Tom,

Small correction -- I hope you don't mind it. The correct link to the Australian blogger you linked to is:
http://justworldnews.org/archives/001245.html

Keep up the good work.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

Right on Madtom. I've always been of that mind. Many folks seem to think I worship GW, but that ain't it at all. I admire him because he had the clarity of vision to finally do something about the repressive regime in Iraq.

For me, it's always been about Iraq. Note that Tony Blair leads a political party that is more akin, in spirit, to the Democrats. But both men, from opposite political traditions, seem to have put partizan politics aside for the greater good of the Iraqi people. I often wonder how many dead Iraqis it would take to make the Bush/Blair bashing idiots sit up and take notice. Hitler's toll is said to have been 6 million. Is that the magic number? God help humanity if that number has been established as the threshold that must be reached before the world intervenes.

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home